We Are Accepting In-Office Patients
At the Skin Care Center, the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. We are pleased to inform you that ALL OF OUR OFFICES ARE NOW OPEN TO SEE ALL PATIENTS WITH URGENT SKIN ISSUES THAT NEED IN OFFICE VISITS. This includes skin cancer and mole checks, new skin findings of concern, skin infections and difficult rashes.
Throughout the pandemic, we have done our best through TELEDERMATOLOGY visits. However, it also identified how critical it is for many patients to be seen in our offices by our physicians in a timely fashion.
To ensure our patients can be seen safely in our office, we have redesigned our processes and workflow. Our physicians and staff have implemented robust measures following CDC recommendations to ensure access to much-needed dermatology care in a safe environment. We have detailed some of the steps we have taken be-low.
We will be available to all our patients who have an upcoming appointment, need to reschedule a previously canceled visit, or are due for a routine visit. We will also continue to offer to TELEDERMATOLOGY for patients who are unable to come into the office and for patients with treatment plans conducive to Teledermatology.
Safety measures we have implemented include:
- Screening of all patients via telephone for flu, fever and respiratory symptoms.
- No patient paperwork. Any info will noted at the visitor with our portal.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office at one time and asking that all others wait in their car to ensure no patient contact with other patients.
- Screening patients and staff upon arrival at the offices. Temperatures will be taken, patients will be required to wear a mask and we ask patients to use hand sanitizers. We will also be asking screening questions regarding flu, fever and respiratory symptoms.
- During this time we will be cleaning non-clinical areas of our practice after each visit and have assigned staff responsible for cleaning.
- We have created a COVID-19 observer position ensuring social distancing and proper cleaning are being conducted.
- Limiting the number of visitors to our practice including stopping all non-patient visits and limiting family and guests to critical family members only.
- Minimizing unnecessary contact and eliminating all handshakes to patients.
- Elimination of magazines, brochures and anything that cannot be easily cleaned.
Looking forward to seeing you at your upcoming appointment!
–Mark Allan Berk MD FRCPC Founder