Wart Removal Overview
Skin growths such as warts are common for men and women of all ages. They can appear throughout the face and body in clusters or on their own. Typically, warts do not have any health risks but can sometimes be painful when deeply rooted.
What Causes Warts?
Warts are a result of the human papillomavirus (HPV). When broken skin comes in contact with a wart HPV is transferred and causes another to form.
Are There Different Types of Warts?
- Common warts (verruca vulgaris) can occur anywhere there is dry skin but are primarily found on the hands.
- Flat warts often appear on the face or legs.
- Plantar warts are typically found on the soles of the feet.
What Treatment Options Are Available?
Warts can be removed for both aesthetic purposes and medical reasons. Our team of board-certified dermatologists can create a custom treatment plan at the time of your consult. Warts can successfully be removed several in ways:
- Occlusion (bandage therapy)
- Over-the-Counter or Prescription Medication
- Cryotherapy (Freezing)
- Bleomycin Injections
- Pulse Dye Laser
Multiple treatments may be necessary. Wart treatments can be done the same day as your consultation for your convenience.